During Advent this year, we are going to be confronting two fears that are common to all people: Darkness and Death. These two fears fill us with so much dread precisely because they pose a legitimate threat to our lives, because we have no hope of overcoming their overwhelming power through our own efforts. But thanks be to God, the good news of the incarnation is that the eternal Word of God arrived in our world to bring us the gift of his Light and Life!
We have several activities planned to help you reflect on the true meaning of the season in an intentional way. We hope that you will join us as much as possible! Here's a look at our upcoming schedule:
- For our Advent service project this year, we will be collecting donations for Hope House. Donations are due to the church no later than Sunday, December 5. Please contact the church for more information.
- Saturday, November 27: Join us as at 10:00 am as we decorate the church for Advent and Christmas.
- Sunday, November 28: The First Sunday of Advent (Darkness)
- Sunday, December 5: The Second Sunday of Advent (Light)
- Sunday, December 12: The Third Sunday of Advent (Death). The children of our church will present their Children's Christmas Play during worship.
- Sunday, December 19: The Fourth Sunday of Advent (Life). Our choir will present their Christmas Cantata, "A Christmas Candlelight Festival," during worship.
- Friday, December 24: Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship Services at 5:30 and 7:00 pm
- Sunday, December 26: The First Sunday After Christmas
- Sunday, January 2: The Second Sunday After Christmas